Thursday, March 22, 2012

Apple Crisp



When I think of fall I think of apples. In fact, I can't wait until the weather cools down so I can make all my favorite apple recipes. Growing up we would often go to an apple farm not too far from our house. We would try all the different kinds of apples. We ate apple butter, apple donuts and apple cider. We would pick our own apples and mom would buy a box or two of the second rate apples to make applesauce. One of the things we would make with our delicious apples is apple crisp. It's one of my favorite desserts today. -Elise


Apple Crisp:

1 can apples
¾ c. quick-cooking oatmeal
¾ c. brown sugar
½ c. flour
1 t. cinnamon
½ c. margarine

Arrange apples in greased 8 or 9 inch pie or cake pan. Combine oatmeal, sugar, flour, and spices; cut in butter. Place this mixture between two sheets of waxed paper and roll with rolling pin into size of pan. Place over apples. Bake at 350 35-40 min. Serve warm with whipped cream and/or ice cream.

1 comment:

  1. When I got married, Dad's mother -- Marlene, gave me a recipe box of some of Dad's favorite recipes. This was one of the recipes she included. It quickly became my favorite apple crisp recipe. (It is a good food storage dessert because you can use the dehydrated apples.)

    ReplyDelete