Thursday, March 29, 2012

Quick Cinnamon Rolls

When my children were very young, I discovered this recipe in the Friend Magazine for cinnamon rolls that you can make in a hurry.  It quickly became a favorite because I didn't have to spend hours waiting for them to rise.  This is the recipe I would use when I made Christmas morning cinnamon rolls.




QUICK CINNAMON ROLLS
1/3 cup sugar
3 TB yeast
1/2 cup oil
1 1/4 cups warm water
2 beaten eggs
1 1/2 tsp. salt
5 1/4  cups flour
1/4 cup melted butter
1 1/2 TB cinnamon
1/2 cup brown sugar

Combine sugar, yeast, oil, and warm water.  Dissolve and let stand in warm place for 15 minutes.  Blend eggs into yeast mixture.  Add salt to flour then gradually add to yeast mixture.  Knead. Divide dough in half and work with half at a time.   Roll into rectangle about 1/4 inch thick.  Brush dough with melted butter. Combine brown sugar and cinnamon and sprinkle over dough.  Roll up dough tightly and pinch edges together.  Cut in 1 inch pieces.  Place in ungreased pan.  (I like to use a round cake pan.)  Let rise 10 minutes.  Bake at about 385 degree oven for 10 minutes.

Glaze:
2 cups powdered sugar
1/4 c.hot water
1 tsp. butter

--Sharon Kaye

1 comment:

  1. I have this recipe (I made them last night for conference this morning) but for some reason some of the recipe is slightly different. I'll have to compare and see if it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete