Saturday, March 24, 2012

Grandma Goff's Banana Cream Pie

My favorite banana cream pie recipe is from my Grandma Goff. When I first got married, Brent thought that banana cream pie was made from a box of instant jello pudding. He came to realize that Grandma Goff's homemade recipe is far superior. It is not only good in a banana cream pie, but it is also good just to eat as vanilla pudding.
--Sharon Kaye

Banana cream pie was always one of my favorite pies growing up. I loved the creamy filling with the yummy banana taste. I remember going to a friend's house one day and being offered some banana cream pie. I was very excited because I love banana cream. As soon as I put the first spoonful into my mouth I soon realized that it was not a fresh homemade pie, but one bought from the store. The taste was very strong and I did not enjoy it at all. My Grandma Goff's banana cream pie is so delicious with the perfect flavor. I rave to my friends about how good this pie is and have given it to many of them to try. This recipe will always be one of my favorites.
-Rachelle



Banana Cream Pie:

· 2/3-3/4 c. sugar
· 2 c. scalded milk
· 1/3c. +1 TB flour
· 3 egg yolks
· ¼ tsp. salt
· ½ tsp. vanilla
· 2-3 bananas
· 1 TB. butter

Mix dry ingredients together. Slowly add the scalded milk into the dry mixture. Pour mixture into a pan and heat until thick. After pudding has thickened, slowly pour some of the pudding from the pan into the egg yolks and whisk until smooth. Pour egg yolk mixture back into pan, heat while stirring. Remove from heat and add the vanilla and butter. Layer bananas on cooked pie crust, add the pudding mixture and continue this until all bananas and pudding are gone.

Whipping cream: add powdered sugar and vanilla to whipping cream and whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment