Saturday, March 24, 2012

Mom's Cheesecake


I have never been the biggest fan of cheesecake. However, I seem to love my mom's homemade cheesecake. She got this recipe from her mother (Marie Allred). I love the creamy sweetness with the crumbly graham cracker crust. Her cheesecake just melts in your mouth. If I'm not making a pie for dessert, then I seem to be making my mom's cheesecake recipe, and I find that everyone who tries loves it just like me.
-Rachelle



Cheesecake:

Crust:
12 graham cracker rectangles crushed (2 1/2 cups)
1/2 c. melted butter
Mix and pat into a 9 inch pie pan

1 lb. cream cheese at room temperature --beat until smooth then gradually add 3/4 c. sugar, 3 eggs, 2 tsp. vanilla. Beat until thick and creamy.
Pour into pie shell. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes. Take from oven and cool for 20 minutes. (Lower oven to 300 degrees)

Mix the following together in a bowl: 2 c. sour cream, 3 1/2 Tb. sugar, 1 tsp. vanilla. Pour on top of pie and spread around. Bake 300 degrees for 10 minutes.
Set on counter to cool down then refrigerate.

No comments:

Post a Comment