Thursday, March 22, 2012

Chicken and Rice


This recipe brings back fond memories of home for me. I remember my mom would often make it when she was bringing a meal to a family in need. She told me one time that she liked making this dish because it was a simple dish that most people had tasted but not with chicken in it. I often crave this dish on a cold day or when I'm not feeling well. I usually bring this dish to others in need as well. One great thing about it is it makes a lot and is great as leftovers.
-Elise

Chicken and Rice:
¼ cupbutter
1 cupuncooked rice
1 envelope Lipton Chicken noodleSoup
2 ½ cups water
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon sage
½ teaspoon celery
½ teaspoon onion

Add butter and rice in saucepan and cook until rice iswhite, not clear. Add rest of the ingredients. Bring to boil, cover, andlower to simmer. Cook 15 minutes. While rice is cooking, fry cubed chicken inseparate pan. Turn heat off rice andleave covered for 10 minutes. Add riceand chicken together.

No comments:

Post a Comment