Thursday, March 22, 2012

Taco Pie

I love any kind of Mexican Food. One of my favorite dishes growing up was Taco Pie. The great thing about Taco Pie was, not only did it have some of my favorite Mexican ingredients, it was so easy to make. It was a favorite dish to make when I was in college and now my husband and I enjoy it on a regular basis.
-Elise












Taco Pie:

1 pound hamburger
½ cup water
1/3 cup pitted olives
1 cup sour cream
2 cups chips
1 cup shredded cheese
1 can crescent rolls*

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Brown meat and drain fat. Season with garlic, onion and chili powder (or whatever seasoning you want, just garlic salt is fine). Addwater and olives and simmer for 5 minutes. Spread rolls on bottom of 9x10 pan. Cover with chip crumbs (you cancrumble in your hand or place in Ziploc bag and crush). Add meat mixture, sour cream, cheese andtop with more chip crumbs. Place in oven for 20-25 minutes at 375 degrees.

*If you want more of a homemade taste you can substitute canned rolls for pizza dough or other bread dough.

1 comment: