Monday, March 26, 2012

Vitamina-De-Banana


This refreshing drink was always a treat growing up. My dad served his mission in Brazil and this is one of the beverages they would drink there. Vitamina means smoothie in Portuguese, and when I was young my dad would make us banana vitaminas. I loved when my dad would teach us about Brazilian culture by showing us pictures, singing us songs, and making Brazilian food. This drink is so simple to make and brings many memories with it.
-Rachelle











Vitamina-De-Banana:

Bananas
Milk
Sugar
Ice

Blend the ingredients and enjoy.


5 comments:

  1. I forgot about this! Thanks Rachelle. This is such a great blog with so many great family recipes I didn't have.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously Elise?! You must have a memory like Amy's :) He didn't make them very often though...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Elise! How do you not remember? Dad made them often for me, maybe I was just the favorite or something.

      Delete
  3. It is even better if you add some crushed ice in the blender. It makes it a thicker, colder smoothie.

    ReplyDelete